Muchmore Racing

HOME > Race Report

2018 NIS Series Finale Race Tanner Day 2WD/4WD Double Win!!
Hotissue_2018_DNC_Ryan-Cavalieri_Truggy.jpg

[ RACE Comment ]
This past weekend I attended the 2018 Northwest Indoor Series finale hosted by Tacoma R/C Raceway in Tacoma, Washington. Anyone that has traveled to TRCR knows just how quick the local talent is here in the Northwest. With top drivers such as AE's Harley Yoshii, Yokomo's Tanner Day, AE's Luke Smith, Yokomo's Jackson Andres, Schumacher's Mikey Brown, AE's John Walentia...the competition is always very tough and never disappoints. Once again, the TRCR crew did a great job on the track design that would prove to be very challenging for all drivers.

Race Schedule:
Friday, April 6th: Open Practice
Saturday, April 7th: Controlled Practice from 8:00am-2:00pm / followed by 2 rounds of qualifying
Sunday, April 8th: 1 round of qualifying / lower main bump-ups and triple A-Main events
Total Entry Count = 146

NIS_3.jpg

The two most prestigious classes of the series have always been the highly contested 2wd and 4wd Modified Buggy classes.

In the 2wd Modified Buggy class, AE's Harley Yoshii took the overall TQ honors after TQ'ing the first 2 rounds of qualifying on Saturday. Yokomo's Tanner Day would go onto qualify 2nd overall and Yokomo's Jackson Andres would line up 3rd for the triple A-Mains.
Tanner Day would show great speed in A-Main #1 and A-Main #2 by taking the Wins in each to secure the overall Win with his Muchmore powered YZ-2! Jackson Andres then took the Win in A-Main #3 to finish 2nd overall with his Muchmore powered YZ-2! Harley Yoshii would round out the podium in 3rd. Mikey Brown and I would round out the top 5.

NIS_2WD.jpg

2wd Modified Buggy Top 5 Overall:
1st Tanner Day Muchmore Racing/YOKOMO

2nd Jackson Andres Muchmore Racing/YOKOMO

3rd Harley Yoshii (TQ)

4th Mikey Brown

5th Joe Pillars Muchmore Racing/YOKOMO

NIC_2car.jpg

In the 4wd Modified Buggy class, Yokomo's Tanner Day took the overall TQ by TQ'ing rounds #1 & #2 of qualifying. AE's Harley Yoshii showed great pace and qualified 2nd overall. I would qualify 3rd overall in my first 4wd race in over 5 years. Tanner once again showed his blazing speed by Winning A-Mains #1 & #2 to sweep the weekend with his Muchmore powered YZ-4! Harley Yoshii took the A-Main #3 Win to finish 2nd overall. I was able to finish 3rd overall and land on the podium with my Muchmore powered YZ-4!

NIS_4WD.jpg

4wd Modified Buggy Top 5 Overall:

1st Tanner Day (TQ) Muchmore Racing/YOKOMO

2nd Harley Yoshi

3rd Joe Pillars Muchmore Racing/YOKOMO

4th Jackson Andres Muchmore Racing/YOKOMO

5th Dalton Pierce

NIS_4car.jpg

Total 101
no subject
101 2020 Mugen Challenge Anthony Mazzara 1/8 E-Buggy & E-Truggy …
100 2020 Greek National Championship Filippos Issakidis Win, Chr…
99 JBRL 1/8 Off-Road Series 1/8 Pro E-Buggy Ryan Cavalieri TQ&#…
98 Jake Thayer Wins 13.5 Expert 4wd Buggy at Round #4 of 2020 J…
97 Muchmore's Joe Pillars & Tanner Ashmore Win Big at 23rd…
96 2019-20 ETS Round 2 Daun, Germany Marc Rheinard 2nd
95 2020 IFMAR 1/12 World Championship Marc Rheinard Win!!!
94 Tacoma R/C Raceway Northwest Indoor Series Jackson Andres TQ…
93 Florida Carpet Championship Ryan Cavalieri 2WD Buggy Win!! …
92 Swiss Electric Indoor Nationals Rd1 Michele Manzo TQ & Win!!
91 Rockstar Winter Off-Road Series Joe Pillars Double TQ & Win …
90 2019-2020 Northwest Indoor Series Harley Yoshii & Jackson An…
89 2019 GRC International RC Car Championship E.C Kim Modi Clas…
88 2019 IFMAR 1/10 EP Off-Road Yusuke Sugiura 2wd Class 3rd
87 Greek Touring Championship Championship winner
 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Last